121MD's mission is to provide easy access to preventive services and early treatment of acute illnesses in order to maintain our patient's health and improve their quality of life.
In today’s frustrating managed medical system, it seems that the primary focus of personal health care has become lost. Doctor-to-patient ratios are soaring, office waits and time lost from work have increased, and the costs of healthcare premiums are rising while employee benefits continue to erode.
What We Do
121MD has created a better solution for personalize health care. Our patients pay a reasonable, monthly retainer fee to have affordable, convenient access to care from their personal physician – resulting in healthier, happier more productive lives.
The Benefits of 121MD:
- Personal relationship with your doctor
- Prompt access to your doctor
- Unlimited office visits with no co-pay
- Little or no waiting time in the office
- Focus on preventive care
- Unhurried atmosphere
- Services may be purchased with pre-tax dollars
- Wellness consultations
- Free online consultations, general messages, prescription refills and appointment scheduling.
Direct practice fees are discussed in detail in the 121MD Medical Services Agreement and may be purchased with pre-tax dollars. Fees may be paid on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or annual basis.
What Services are covered by 121MD
In-Office Primary Care for ages six and older includes, but is not limited to:
- Annual physicals
- Preventive and telephone consultations
- Allergy and Asthma
- Cardiovascular care (hypertension, high cholesterol & electrocardiograms)
- Dermatological conditions and procedures
- Ear, Nose and Throat problems
- Endocrine disorders (diabetes, hypothyroidism)
- Gastrointestinal disorder
- General Gynecology
- Infectious diseases
- Labs (routine in-office)
- Mental and Psychological disorders
- Minor trauma and laceration repairs
- Neurologic disorders
- Orthopedic evaluations and skeletal disorders
- Respiratory disorders including nebulizer treatments
What services are NOT covered by 121MD
- Casts, crutches, splints or health supplies
- Hospitalization, in-hospital care, or outpatient services
- Obstetrical services
- Non-office lab work, including reference pathology services and cultures
- Non-routine injections or inoculations (including Hepatitis B)
- Prescription drugs
- Services which physician determines in his professional opinion are appropriately referred to specialists
- Specialized physicals (e.g., DOT physicals)
- Surgical services or procedures not customarily performed by a family practice physician in the office
- Worker’s compensation claims
- X-rays, electroencephalograms, or imaging services and cultures
** Refer to 121 MD Medical Services Agreement for a detailed listing and other terms and conditions.
Christopher Ewin, M.D. is a board-certified family physician. He was born in Alexandria, Louisiana. He developed an interest in medicine working summers in his father’s surgical office. Dr. Ewin received his Bachelor and Medical degrees from Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans. He completed his Pediatric Internship at Tulane University School of Medicine at Charity Hospital in New Orleans. He worked for the Jamaican Ministry of Health in Montego Bay, Jamaica serving as a District Medical Officer and supervising Tulane medical students.
He completed a second internship and residency in Family Medicine at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. Dr. Ewin was in private practice for ten years, and subsequently became an early adopter of direct primary care. He founded 121MD in 2003.
Dr. Ewin is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians, Texas Academy of Family Physicians, Tarrant County Academy of Family Physicians, Texas Medical Association, and the Tarrant County Medical Society. He has served the Fort Worth community as co-chairman of two capital campaigns to build All Saints’ Episcopal School, and as chairman of the capital campaign to build the Tarrant County Medical Society building in Fort Worth.
Dr. Ewin is married, and has four daughters, three sons-in-law, and five beloved grandchildren.
Undergraduate: Tulane University New Orleans, Louisiana
Medical School: Tulane University School of Medicine New Orleans, Louisiana
Internship: Pediatrics, Tulane University School of Medicine New Orleans, Louisiana
Internship: Family Medicine, John Peter Smith Hospital Fort Worth, Texas
Residency: Family Medicine, John Peter Smith Hospital Fort Worth, Texas
Kathe Supavong D.O. is a board-certified family medicine and sports medicine physician. She was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. Her interest in medicine began in her youth as she witnessed doctors help her own mother through multiple medical problems. The balance of kindness, proven science and professionalism she witnessed inspired her to do the same for others. Dr. Supavong received her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Texas in Austin, and her medical degree from Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed her Family Practice residency at Methodist Charlton Medical Center in Dallas, where she served a Chief Resident. Dr. Supavong completed a Fellowship in Sports Medicine at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth.
Dr. Supavong is a member of the Texas Medical Association, Tarrant County Medical Society, American Academy of Family Physicians, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians, and the Texas Osteopathic Medical Association.
Dr. Supavong prides herself on being a “weekend warrior.” She enjoys staying active by lifting weights, and participating in marathons, mud runs, and Spartan races throughout the year. Her greatest joy is spending time with her husband and their two sons.
Undergraduate: University of Texas Austin, Texas
Medical School: Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine Harrogate, Tennessee
Internship: Family Medicine, Methodist Charlton Medical Center Dallas, Texas
Residency: Family Medicine (Chief Resident), Methodist Charlton Medical Center Dallas, Texas
Fellowship: Sports Medicine, John Peter Smith Hospital Fort Worth, Texas